Monday, April 27, 2009

Hoping for Approval

Last week we submitted our letter and our picture collages and our family picture to the adoption agency. The pictures that are below are our collages. They wanted about 15 copies of each in a 8x10 size. So I went to Wal-Mart and they have a great little instant gratification machine that prints them out as you wait. Problem for me was, for their trouble they wanted $4.74 each. Well if my math is correct - I have a calculator - that comes to about $140+. We were going to print some extra to have on hand and thought that 25 of each was a good round number, which would have upped the price to almost $240. I printed one of each.

I shopped around and found a great copy shop called AccuColor that ran the same prints for the same quality for $0.62 each. So with tax it was like $32. And I still had the instant gratification of seeing the pictures as they printed off.

We're hoping that our summary along with our new pictures will be submitted this week and then we'll be approved and officially eligible to be an adoptive couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment